From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Print to cups printer from Windows - any good instructions?
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:58:01
1 On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:48:11 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > I can get to the printers page on the server's Cups' GUI:
4 >
5 > http://192.168.1.59:631/printers
6 >
7 > It gives me a long, ugly descriptive name for the printer so I tried:
8 >
9 > lpr -P HP_PSC_1600_series_USB_1 optimize_mythdb.sh
10
11 You may want to add the printer again in CUPS, this time using a better
12 name. The CUPS web interface doesn't provide for renaming printers,
13 so either re-install it or try editing /etc/cups/printers.conf. I've not
14 tried the latter,but I expect it would work if you stopped cupsd first.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 This tagline is umop apisdn