From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 03:46:52
1 Jc García <jyo.garcia@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > 2014-05-12 4:15 GMT-06:00 <covici@××××××××××.com>:
4 >
5 > > How can I do this, genkernel looks for its init before it mounts /usr
6 > > and genkernel-next will not mount the separate /usr at all. My latest
7 > > initrd is from the very latest genkernel.
8 > >
9 > > But how to get a complete history of systemd actions in the order that
10 > > they are done, I thought the confirm_spawn would do this for me -- at
11 > > least for my initial debugging.
14 > I have had this trouble too, and a very similar setup than you, and
15 > after a few workarounds I got to boot with a genkernel and a dracut
16 > generated initramfs, so it can be done both ways, but i would
17 > recommend dracut, since is more straight forward in practice, and you
18 > can setup once and then just generate initramfs that surely will work.
19 > The most important part is your kernel boot comand line, giving
20 > instructions so your system specific lvm volumes (root, usr and var if
21 > separated). mine looks like this
22 > "rd.lvm rd.lvm.vg=gentoovg rd.lvm.lv=gentoovg/root
23 > rd.lvm.lv=gentoovg/usr root=/dev/mapper/gentoovg-root
24 > ccinit=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd quiet"
25 > A little too long in my opinion, but works, and the rd.lvm.lv parts
26 > result redundant if rd.lvm.vg is already set, i think, it worked when
27 > I tested, but I kept the redundancy just in case.
28 > this can be setup in sevaral ways, directly when compiling the kernel,
29 > using dracut the config file, or the bootloader, I used dracut since I
30 > wanted to centralize the boot process configuration as much as
31 > possible.
32 > Also be sure that the lvm binaries are included in the initramfs, if
33 > you will be using dracut you would need to add to /etc/dracut.conf:
34 >
35 > use_fstab="yes"
36 > host_cmdline="yes"
37 > kernel_cmdline="your_cmd_line"
38
39 Hi. Well, even with use_fstab=yes, it does not put one, just
40 /etc/fstab.empty of 0 length -- how can I fix?
44 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
45 How do
46 you spend it?
47
48 John Covici