From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Just when is portage/bashrc sourced?
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 01:12:55
Package P bypasses applying user patches (by not calling
default_src_prepare).  I have patches I need to apply to P, and in this
case I really don't want to fork the ebuild.  So, I'm hell bent on
doing it the hacky way with /etc/portage/bashrc (which, IIRC, I have
been told on this list not to do, but now I don't have much choice).

To make it work I need to know how the bashrc file is spliced into the
ebuild.  For a given ebuild phase PH, does the bashrc code come before
the rest of PH, after PH, or does it replace PH?  wiki and even the dev
guide are silent about this.