From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is GWN dead?
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:20:26
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Friday 11 January 2008, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Qian Qiao wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I'm sorry this goes OT Dale, but unfortunately, my mail client
7 >>> cannot render html messages properly, and I trust a lot of people
8 >>> on the list have the same problem. If would be nice if you can post
9 >>> in plain text, at least in this list.
10 >>>
11 >>> Thanks
12 >>>
13 >> I have it set to send it text for this domain. Is it not sending in
14 >> plain text? I have the same settings for other mailing lists as
15 >> well.
16 >>
17 >> Thanks for pointing it out if it is not sending plain text tho.
20 > It's sent multipart, so the pure text can be used alone for users like
21 > Qian Qiao. That's how I've set up my kmail (I can view it as html if I
22 > wish)
23 >
24 > To be honest, it's not really a big deal for a list like this. The text
25 > is 492 bytes, the html is 867 bytes and the whole thing is 4.5k
26 >
27 > In other words, the text and html *together* are still smaller than the
28 > headers :-)
32 True, but I do try to "go with the flow" here. I use Seamonkey for my
33 email. I went to "Edit" and "Preferences" then chose "Send formats". I
34 place gentoo.org in the text only section. What else can I do to make
35 sure it sends it correctly? I do prefer to send it text only since some
36 do use some strange email programs.
37
38 Thanks
39