From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: help
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:55:21
1 On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Stroller
2 <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >
4 > I was very impressed by Windows 7 recently. I installed it for a customer
5 > and it seems wonderful. I even considered trying it myself, but I realised
6 > that the inability to copy settings from one profile or machine to another
7 > is a *complete* deal-breaker to me.
8
9 [OT]
10
11 In Windows XP it was called "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard". It
12 could be run from the Windows install CD or maybe it was installed as
13 well. You ran it on the source machine, then on the target machine and
14 it did its magic. It even carried over individual apps settings for
15 supported products (microsoft, adobe, etc). Did they get rid of that
16 tool in later versions of Windows?