From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: help
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:07:06
1 On 03/22/2010 06:54 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Stroller
3 > <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> I was very impressed by Windows 7 recently. I installed it for a customer
6 >> and it seems wonderful. I even considered trying it myself, but I realised
7 >> that the inability to copy settings from one profile or machine to another
8 >> is a *complete* deal-breaker to me.
9 >
10 > [OT]
11 >
12 > In Windows XP it was called "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard". It
13 > could be run from the Windows install CD or maybe it was installed as
14 > well. You ran it on the source machine, then on the target machine and
15 > it did its magic. It even carried over individual apps settings for
16 > supported products (microsoft, adobe, etc). Did they get rid of that
17 > tool in later versions of Windows?
18
19 No, it's still there (and improved). No idea why Stroller couldn't find it.