From: Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: How about the gentoo server or cluster in production environment?
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 17:53:32
2 > Debian, and Ubuntu are desktop platforms. Yes they are widely used in
3 > production server environments (the slow
4 > ones that is) however, our last experience with Debian squeeze as a whole
5 > (ie, source tree, reliability, performance),
6 > was inhospitable. Dare I say, it was making as nauseated as we would be
7 > behind a Windows machine...
10 Really? Debian is a desktop distro? Gentoo it is also, as ALMOST every
11 distro... Debian uses old software, because all packages are very tested,
12 and have bug fixes, before launch as stable... Debian is a REALLY stable
13 distro, is for that why is very used as server. And ubuntu? Yes, it is shit
14 [?] I think ubuntu is used as server, just because "is easy" [?]
15
16 Any way... I think every stable distro, could be used as server. Who is
17 better? Well, this depends on every one. Try to pick the best music group
18 and you will have a same large discusion.
19
20 Sorry if my english is not perfect.
21
22 Bye! ;)