From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer plugin
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 22:11:39
1 Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 >> If you have Firefox installed, you can use 'download helper' to grab
3 >> those videos really easy. It works on youtube and other sites really well.
6 > I'm using it but can only download from a link to youtube in another
7 > web page or google, for example. Shouldn't there be a button on
8 > Youtube itself, once the 'downloiad helper' is installed that lets you
9 > download from the actual Youtube site? I've looked through
10 > Tools->Download Helper->Preferences without seeing any option for it.
11 >
12 > Maxim
17 Mine is in the toolbar by default. It is just to the left of the
18 location bar and looks like three balls rotating. I'm not sure if they
19 rotate all the time or not but I know it does when in the middle of a
20 download. If you put your little mouse pointer on it, it shows it is
21 the download helper tool. When something is on the page that it knows
22 is a video, a little option for a drop down appears so that you can
23 select what to download. I know youtube sometimes has different
24 versions of a video, mostly different by quality. With that you can
25 select which quality you want. It is also handy when you have more than
26 one video on a page and only want one of them.
27
28 That help you find it? I found it by wondering what the little moving
29 balls where that wasn't there before I installed the little add ons.
30
31 Dale
32