From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to manage package.keywords for greater system reliability?
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 08:00:21
1 On Thu, 21 May 2009 21:41:22 -0300, Jorge Morais wrote:
2
3 > Or maybe I should just stick to all-stable, so as to not be different,
4 > and keep package.keywords for those packages where I really want a new
5 > feature (like packages with no stable versions)?
6
7 If you want so many up to date packages, maybe you should just run a
8 ~arch system. It's been said many times that a mixed system is a
9 potential source of trouble. Your comparison of stable Gentoo with Debian
10 testing is strange, since the Gentoo equivalent is ~arch.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 If at first you don't succeed you'll get lots of advice.