From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fileserver with Raid + Crypto + BtrFS
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 23:08:55
1 On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 22:18:15 +0100, Ralf wrote:
2
3 > And thinking about btrfs snapshot feature, using some 'btrfs history
4 > tool', i would probably only be able to see a lot of crypto garbage when
5 > going through my history (which can for sure be accessed by ecryptfs,
6 > but not by standard btrfs tools).
7
8 That's a good point, you'd need to mount each snapshot before you could
9 read it.
10
11 I *really* wish btrfs had its own encryption, but I suspect this would be
12 far from trivia to implement.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.