From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 23:24:31
1 Oh my. Trying again. I already started a reply months ago, but kontact
2 crashed, and I lost it. I started again, ranted about KDE4, tried to open
3 systemsettings in order to check Mick's suggestions, but I misclicked and
4 hit kontact, which is directly below in my favorite list. Of course,
5 starting kontact under KDE4 does not open a 2nd instance of the program,
6 or gives a warning that I am about to start another instance which I
7 should not do, no, it just makes the running kontact crash.
8 And again, the mail is gone. BTW, in the past that was no problem, kmail
9 saved the drafts every two minutes (this is still configured that way in
10 its settings), but this does not work. Even if I close if the regular way,
11 unfinished mails are gone.
12 So I started for the third time, this time in thunderbird on a Windows
13 mchine. And from time to time I marked the text and put it into the
14 clipboard. I'm doing this with every longer mail now. I saved the mail as
15 draft, and went to my Linxu machine where I resumed the edit. I wanted to
16 try something and went into the import menu: Crash! Good thing
17 the Windows Clipboard still had it.
18
19 Mick wrote:
20