From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't install a new system
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 11:02:49
1 On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 6:33 AM Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > I think I must have had a bad stage tarball. At any rate, that problem doesn't
4 > occur now.
5
6 Possible, though it seems more likely that it was a bad repo that you
7 synced. The problem would go away the next time you ran emerge --sync
8 (whether on the same stage3 or with a new one).
9
10 The stable repo is less likely to have this problem, but I don't think
11 it is available via rsync. (At least, the last time I looked into it
12 we weren't using the stable repo for rsync.)
15 Rich