From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux & Motherboard
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:46:00
1 On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 02:09:19 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > I can't remember a single ethernet device in the last several years
4 > that wasn't fully supported and JustWorked(tm) straight out the box on
5 > any old arb Linux system.
6
7 When I bought my Asus P5B-E board last year, the drivers for the Attansic
8 L1 gigabit NIC hadn't made it into the kernel and no live CD would enable
9 it. I ended up putting a spare PCI NIC in to install Gentoo, then
10 patching the kernel to enable the on-board one.
11
12 It appeared in the next kernel release, so is not problem now, but that
13 was less than a year ago.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will
20 clean them?