From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can anyone tell me?
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:38:13
1 On Sunday 02 March 2008, Dan Farrell wrote:
2
3 > > > Can anyone tell me what packages you know of that will break
4 > > > your system if you choose to put "ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~amd64" in your
5 > > > make.conf file? I have had my system break, twice now, from a
6 > > > package upgrade - I think that one of the culprits is gawk, but
7 > > > can't be certain.
8 > > >
9 > > > I do know that the only way to fix the problem was to restore
10 > > > from backup, or to try re-installing again. I just want to know
11 > > > which packages are so unstable that I should mask them. TIA.
12 >
13 > doesn't sound like a broken package to me. perhaps something else
14 > got borked?
15
16 Or maybe some "unusual" compiler settings?
17
18 OP, please post your /etc/make.conf
23 Alan McKinnon
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com