From: Chris Walters <cjw2004d@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can anyone tell me?
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:03:09
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 02 March 2008, Dan Farrell wrote:
3 >
4 >> doesn't sound like a broken package to me. perhaps something else
5 >> got borked?
6 >
7 > Or maybe some "unusual" compiler settings?
8 >
9 > OP, please post your /etc/make.conf
10
11 I don't think it is the compiler settings - they are fairly standard "-O3
12 -march=athlon64 -pipe" That's it. I've never had any problems with -O3, but
13 it could still be a part of the problem, since it substantially changes the
14 code at compile time.
15
16 The problem has to do the the Service Dependencies not being able to be
17 scanned, and I am advised to run /sbin/depscan.sh
18
19 When I run that, I just get the same error - which also involves a missing
20 /bin/mktemp file. It seems that that package blocks that latest version of
21 coreutils...
22
23 Regards,
24 Chris