From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~and64] Headsup for google-chrome users
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 14:58:15
1 walt wrote:
2 > I just wasted some time figuring out this mess:
3 >
4 > I just updated google-chrome, which printed this confusing warning message:
5 >
6 > "CONFIG_USED_NS not seen when it should be"
7 >
8 > First, there's a typo: it should read "CONFIG_USER_NS"
9 > ^
10 >
11 > Then, after I figured out that CONFIG_USER_NS is a kernel config item,
12 > requiring reinstallation of my kernel, I wasted more time figuring out
13 > (for the n'th time) that you shouldn't just change a single kernel config
14 > item and do "make" because that shortcut can break important things.
15 >
16 > No, you should do "make clean" first, and then do "make" etc.
17
18 Doesn't "make clean" clear out your config? I've changed one thing
19 before and just run "make" and it work just fine.
20
21 Dale
22