From: Daniel Troeder <daniel@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend to ram: correct behavior?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:23:33
1 Hi Damian,
2
3 please note, that I'm no kernel (or USB) expert - just guessing around
4 from experience...
5
6 Am Samstag, den 27.12.2008, 14:48 +0100 schrieb damian:
7 > > Try enabling or disabling "USB_SUSPEND" (Device Drivers->USB
8 > > support->USB selective suspend/resume and wakeup) in your kernel.
9 > It was already enabled.
10 Try disabling it :)
11
12 > > If that does not help, unloading the USB and wireless drivers before
13 > > suspend should do the trick.
14 > I added this line to /etc/hibernate/common.conf
15 > UnloadModules usb-ohci
16 OHCI is nowadays just the USB-1-companion of EHCI, which is the driver
17 for USB-2. EHCI listens on your USB-ports, and activated OHCI only when
18 a USB-1-device is being connected. You should unload both. That is
19 probably only possible, after unload all other usb-related modules :(
20
21 > But no luck. I don't know if I should add
22 > UnloadAllModules yes
23 > instead, just to be sure :D
24 You could try that - if it works, begin removing modules selectively :)
25
26 > > If you use "sys-power/pm-utils" for suspend & hibernate, you can add
27 > > kernel modules for automatic removal before suspend to SUSPEND_MODULES
28 > > in /etc/pm/config.d/modules.
29 > I have sys-power/pm-utils installed, but no file named
30 > /etc/pm/config.d/modules.
31 You can create it, and put into it a single line:
32 SUSPEND_MODULES="iwl3945 mac80211"
33 (my line ;)
34
35 > Anyway, I have USB support built in into the
36 > kernel, should I compile it as modules?
37 That would make sense :)
38
39 You can also try booting a Fedora/Ubuntu/SuSE LiveCD, and see if with
40 their kernel the same happens (given that suspend works on their
41 LiveCD). If they manage to switch off the power to your USB-ports, that
42 can give us a hint.
43
44 Bye,
45 Daniel