From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel2.6.33: ATA failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED, hard resetting link
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:22:48
1 On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu> wrote:
2 > On 26/03/10 20:17, Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >> I'm using kernel 2.6.33 and ahci driver for the SATA controllers.
6 > I never had good results with the ahci driver - hardware-specific
7 > drivers have always worked better for me.
8 >
9 >> Another possibility is that I need to increase voltage on the
10 >> motherboard, since it is running 6 hdd's and 1 DVD-ROM. I'll have to
11 >> research to see which voltage is related to this. (X58 motherboard)
14 > No, no, no! Don't touch the motherboard voltages! They have nothing
15 > to do with the connected drives. Surely you must have noticed that
16 > power to the drives comes directly from the power supply. If the
17 > drives are not receiving sufficient voltage, a new, bigger power supply
18 > is the only option.
19
20 Well, I was thinking more about something like alteriong IOH/ICH
21 voltage, or whichever voltage powers the SATA controllers. It has 12
22 SATA headers on this motherboard but I don't know how much it can
23 realistically handle at once. Hopefully all of my disks. :)