From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:48:24
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:54:49 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >>>> Use a directory for package.use, it makes it far easier to
6 >>>> manage. All of /etc/portage/package.* are directories here.
7 >>>>
8 >>> I have done that for package.keywords and unmask. In ways it is
9 >>> easier but in ways, it is a nightmare. If something is unmasked, I
10 >>> have to go find the file that unmasked it. I have several since I
11 >>> use autounmask for most of it. Then add in that the new autounmask
12 >>> part of emerge seems to pick a random file to add too. At that
13 >>> point, not much makes sense anymore.
14 >>>
15 >
16 >> grep is your very very good friend
17 >>
18 > So is giving the files sensible names :)
23 That was what I liked about autounmask, the tree version not the portage
24 one. It gave them some names at least. Still felt like looking for a
25 needle in a haystack sometimes tho.
26
27 Dale