From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: what's going on with updates ?
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:01:13
1 On 09/13/2010 09:45 PM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > I wouldn't expect people to run a Gentoo system with all packages on unstable.
4 > I tend to only select specific packages as unstable when I really need that
5 > version.
6
7 Usually the best "stability" is reached by running either full stable or
8 full testing (aka "unstable"). Mixing usually makes things worse. I
9 used to run a mixed system, but at some point it was clear to me that
10 this fscks things up quite often due to package versions whether ~arch
11 packages breaking with arch ones.