From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer plugin
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:10:21
1 On Sunday 22 November 2009 10:43:01 Dale wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > I was using mplayerplug-in until it was substituted in the tree for
6 > > gnome- mplayer. I was happier with mplayerplug-in because I could also
7 > > access the stream/file in /tmp/ and save it, resize it, replay it, etc.
8 > >
9 > > With gnome-mplayer all I get is a socket in /tmp which I can't access
10 > > directly - mplayer won't play it. The embedded video is always at
11 > > maximum size filling up the browser window and at poor quality videos the
12 > > picture deteriorates. On top of it I find gnome-mplayer is a bit clunky
13 > > with regards to its controls (I can't just drag the cursor to watch a
14 > > previous point in the video as smoothly as I could with mplayerplug-in).
15 > > Is there a better alternative, more akin to the mplayerplug-in?
16 >
17 > If you have Firefox installed, you can use 'download helper' to grab
18 > those videos really easy. It works on youtube and other sites really well.
19
20 Thanks Dale, but I have no problem with flash embedded videos - they don't use
21 the gnome-mplayer.
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick