From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] (sort of) strange things after upgrading the kernel
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:24:41
1 Francisco Ares wrote:
4 > Thanks for your reply, Dale.
5 >
6 > Yes, everything works as expected when using the old kernel.
7 >
8 > I decided to re-emerge some base libraries, and nothing worked, until
9 > I remembered to re-emerge udev. After the build, it announced two
10 > wrong lines in the new kernel "config" file:
11 >
12 > CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y
13 > CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y
14 >
15 > After correcting them and building the kernel again, now everything is
16 > back to normal.
17 >
18 > Thanks again
19 > Francisco
22 > --
23 > "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
24 > you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
25 > I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
26 > two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
29 Do you use oldconfig or build each one from scratch? I use oldconfig so
30 that I at least have what I know works. It's just a matter of if I need
31 anything new enabled. Some claim oldconfig shouldn't be used but I have
32 only had it to fail once in the last 10 years or so. Most everyone I
33 know of uses oldconfig.
34
35 Glad you got it going tho.
36
37 Dale
38
42 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!