From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need coaching with emerge failure logs (Understanting the problem)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 02:44:30
1 > On 25 Feb 2017, at 14:19, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I've attached a hefty log of some 4000 lines and hope someone will be
4 > patient enough to try to identify what is causing the problem.
5
6 I took a look at this, but the broken colour codes throughout the log make it quite hard to read.
7
8 Example at the beginning: [32;01m *
9 Example from the end: *
10
11 Output to the terminal these would show the text in different colours, but the output was redirected to a textfile or mishandled in a copy-paste operation (not sure if screen or tmux does this?).
12
13 Running emerge with `--color n` would have made this log much more readable. Its size already makes it hard to search.
14
15 Stroller.