From: Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT?] Dynamic DNS using Gentoo
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:07:51
1 Le 09 août à 18:51:15 Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com> écrit notamment:
2
3 | Hi there,
4
5 Hi Jose,
6
7 |
8 | I currently have a DSL connection with a fixed IP using a DSL router,
9 | with an internal network of 4 computers with private DHCP IPs (except
10 | the server, with fixed private IP). Now I'm considering changing to
11 | another provider with dynamic IPs. I have three domains hosted in my
12 | SOHO server (let's say example1.com, example2.com and example3.com)
13 | including mail for two of them. The questions are:
14 |
15 | 1. Which dynamic DNS provider do you prefer and why (I would prefer a free one)?
16
17 www.zoneedit.com
18
19 I won't say I prefer it, I only tried this one and never felt the need to
20 change; it is free
21
22 |
23 | 2. Which is the best dynamic DNS client available in Gentoo,
24
25 I believe ddclient is the standard client; it works like a charm; the
26 config file already has it all set up for dynsys.org or zoneedit.org, so
27 it's fairly easy; it can be on any of your computers, ie not necessarily
28 on the router - of course it has to be awake all the time though.
29
30 | taking
31 | into accout that it must be able to discover the DSL router's
32 | dynamically assigned IP and connect with the chosen provider?
33
34 Well, what else would you expect of such a program? :- )
35
36 cheers
37 --
38 Jean Magnan de Bornier | Cours Victor Hugo
39 e-mots: jean at bornier.net | 13980 Alleins France
40 T 08 70 39 34 03 | P 06 09 17 35 87
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list