From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Force Firefox to use gecko-mediaplayer for webm
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 13:25:07
1 On 22/07/12 08:11, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2 > So yeah, the question is clear.
3 > How do I force Firefox to play webm videos using gecko-mediaplayer?
4 > Compile firefox without webm support?
5 >
6 > Or there's some other way around?
7
8 You misunderstand the job GM is doing. It's a video player for embedded
9 video objects and its plugin registers itself as such. If the embedded
10 video is WebM, GM will play it. If it's HTML5 video (both WebH and
11 H.264), then it will not, and Firefox will play it directly.
12
13 So your question should rather be: How do I force Firefox to play HTML5
14 videos using gecko-mediaplayer? :-) (I don't know the answer. I
15 suspect it is not possible, since the whole point of HTML5 video is to
16 have the browser play the video.)