From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: First Portage Hick-up, Chokes on Java
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 11:06:04
1 boslists@×××××.com ha scritto:
2 > On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, �Q� wrote:
3 >
4 > <snip>
5 >
6 >> You didn't need this. It's for third-party e-builds, but you aren't
7 >> using a third party e-build. The zip file came from Sun, but the
8 >> ebuild is in the Gentoo portage tree.
9 >>
10 >> Ebuilds are just scripts which portage uses to build the packages. In
11 >> this case, the ebuild isn't allowed to download the files it needs
12 >> automagically, but it's still a Gentoo ebuild, not a third-party one.
13 >>
14 >> I've snipped the rest of what you wrote about overlays, &c., but it
15 >> didn't look like anything was wrong, just unnecessary for what you want
16 >> to do. For more info about overlays, see
17 >> <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/userguide.xml>.
20 > Thanks for the additional info. Good to know!
23 I think this little misunderstanding could be solved, in the future, by
24 clarifying it (perhaps in a footnote) in the gentoo docs. To me the
25 instructions for java etc. have always been clear, but it doesn't mean
26 it is always the case.
27
28 m.