From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAM checks for chromium
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 19:13:36
1 On Tue, 04 Dec 2018 13:42:16 -0500, Jack wrote:
2
3 > > Given I've spent more than two days compiling to get nowhere with
4 > > this, I'm
5 > > thinking:
6 > One thing I've done in the past if something failed after a long time
7 > compiling is to cd to the top build dir (under the Portage tmp dir)
8 > and just continue the compile (either make or ninja, or whatever that
9 > package uses) when/if that finishes, you can use ebuild to finish the
10 > install and qmerge steps. That avoids needing to start the compile
11 > from the beginning.
12
13 You can use ebuild for that too, with the compile option. I've have the
14 chromium build fail for apparently random reasons on my laptop from time
15 to time and ebuild ... compile finishes the process.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 -Come, come, why they couldn't hit an elephant from this dist-