From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Fonts (Ariel?) broken in acroread
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 20:06:31
1 On 2013-02-06, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I don't know when exactly, but sometime in the past 6 months or so,
4 > font support in acroread got broken. Most of the PDF documents
5 > generated by MS Office don't render correctly. I think the most common
6 > font that doesn't render properly is Ariel. Acroread didn't used to
7 > have any problems with these documents, and viewing them with out
8 > applications seems to work OK.
9
10 Blerg. That should read "viewing them with _other_ applications seems
11 to work OK". IOW, emacs, epdfview, and mupdf all render the document
12 using the correct fonts.
13
14 > http://www.panix.com/~grante/acroread-vs-emacs.png
17 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I just went below the
18 at poverty line!
19 gmail.com