From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Floppy support question for old farts. lol
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:11:30
1 > Technically, they did, it was just impossible for an OS to make it
2 > actually work:
3 >
4 > http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2009/04/02/9528175.aspx
8 > And you certainly don't want to make the user go through this
9 > training session when they unpack their computer on Christmas
10 > morning. "Thank you for using Window 95. Before we begin, please
11 > insert a floppy disk in drive A:."
12
13 I wish they would have tought of that when they forced users to activate
14 and/or register Windows.
15
16 "Thank you for using Window XP. Before we begin, please enter your 100
17 digit serial number"