From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Filthy oscilloscope picture! =P
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 19:20:07
1 Isn't this the filthiest oscilloscope u've seen recently?
2
3 The only bare metal contact that I could safely use to get a reading off
4 was a +12v line on a spare PCI-E gpu plug. The ground reference is the
5 chassis.
6
7 You can see the machine's settings in the photo clearly enough. The
8 waveform is fairly constant, it stays in this mode most of the time but
9 sometimes goes into a "low ripple" mode where the ripple falls to +/-
10 20mv and holds tight. The scaling indicates the upward spikes are around
11 0.120 volts and the downward spikes are about 0.22 volts. This
12 __SHOULD__ be within the input tolerances of the motherboard's regulators.
13
14 I would call this PSU marginal, it absolutely does power the machine but
15 it's noise output is a bit larger than what I would prefer.
16
17 Given that i'm flat on my ass broke with a foreclosure over my head, I
18 am powerfully inclined to continue to live with the PSU the way it is
19 now until it is no longer possible to do so.
20
21 I had to use my windows 7 machine to get the photo off my camera because
22 digikam does not compile. =|
25 IQ is a measure of how stupid you feel.
26
27 Powers are not rights.

IMG_0012.JPG image/jpeg