From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Typewriter sound
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 00:59:07
1 On 2011-08-31, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >> I checked, and I do have the old standard PC-speaker connected to the
4 >> motherboard, and "xset c" still does nothing.
5 >>
6 >>> not playing a custom sound file.
7 >>
8 >> Which is what the OP asked for.
9 >
10 > Hey, it wasn't my idea. Talk to Volker for more details about the
11 > xset-as-typewriter-sound idea. :)
12
13 I'm still waiting for him to defend his snide remarks about how we
14 were all stupid for doing things other than using xset...
15
16 > I didn't reply to the OP. I only replied about xset
17 > (non-)functionality, where it sounds like we're in agreement that it
18 > just sounds the system bell (or whatever you call it).
19
20 No, it doesn't do that for me, and I don't ever remember being able to
21 get it to do so. I just tried on a couple different systems (all of
22 which have a "pc speaker", and 'xset c' doesn't do anying.
23
24 Does 'xset c' work for you?
27 Grant