From: Matthias Kramm <kramm@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Console with color graphics capabilities?
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:51:25
1 Hi All,
2
3 now this is a bit off topic, but I'm looking for an X11
4 console which can display images intermingled in the normal
5 text flow.
6
7 The following mockup gives a rough idea of what I'm looking for:
8 http://www.quiss.org/files/gfxterminal.png
9 .
10
11 That is, I'm looking for a terminal emulator where I can insert special
12 color graphic escape sequences into the serial stream, which are then
13 displayed by the x11 console as graphics at the current text
14 position.
15
16 I'd be grateful for any hints about whether something like this already
17 exists somewhere, or ideas on how to implement it (maybe using some
18 console with plugin capabilities, or something like this).
19
20 Thanks,
21
22 Matthias