From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT?] Photo organizing, slideshows, and S/VCD/DVD authoring/editing
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 18:41:04
1 Hi there,
2
3 I would like to hear what people is using to do the following things,
4 if this can be done in Linux / Gentoo (I hope so):
5
6 1. Photo organizing. This includes downloading photos from a Canon
7 Powershot G6, organizing it in folders (currently done with camera
8 software), batch renaming them using EXIF information included in
9 photos, editing EXIF information (currently done with Exifer:
10 http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/. Unfortunately this is "cardware"
11 closed source only for Windows)
12
13 2. Minor photo editing, like red eyes correction, composing whole
14 images from stitchs (currently done with camera software)
15
16 3. Creation of slideshows from photographs. I would like to be able to
17 select some or all of the photographs, maybe add some opening or
18 closing title, extract headers or footers from EXIF information, edit
19 transition between photos, add music to the slideshow, adjust the
20 duration of photos and transition to fit the music, and export a video
21 in a suitable format to be included in VCD, SVCD or DVD.
22
23 4. VCD / SVCD / DVD authoring. If possible I'd like to have a GUI for
24 doing this, kind of Ulead DVD Workshop, this is, you can add video
25 files, create menus in a graphical editor, export and burn a project
26 in different formats (VCD/SVCD/DVD), include the source folder with
27 the original images in the resulting CD/DVD...
28
29 >From what I've found I have the feeling that some of the things may be
30 done, but others, specially graphical CD/DVD authoring are lacking
31 some mature tools.
32
33 TIA, best regards
34 Jose