From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev + /usr
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:37:48
1 On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:37:14 -0400, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > >> No, by "you know what needs to be done" I mean: code. Contribute.
4 > >> Become a developer. Make shit happens the way you think it should
5 > >> happen.
6 > >
7 > > You're happy to run an important system service coded by someone with
8 > > less experience than their dislike of the way things are going.
9 >
10 > Someone with "less experience"? As I said before, Kay has been working
11 > in udev for more than eight years. I think he's entitle to receive the
12 > acknowledge of his experience.
13
14 Yet you are suggesting that others code the solutions. I'm sorry, but
15 being pissed off with the current trend in udev is not sufficient
16 qualification to write a replacement.
17
18 > > Trust me, you would want to run a udev that contained any code
19 > > written by me!
20 >
21 > No offense man, but I don't know you enough so I "would want to run a
22 > udev that contained any code written by" you.
23
24 Then why have you repeatedly suggested that I and others in these threads
25 "code it yourself".
26
27 The solution is not to spit the dummy and write a poorly coded fork,
28 discarding years of experience. The solution is rational debate so that
29 those who can and do write the code can do a better job.
33 Neil Bothwick
34
35 Always be sincere... whether you mean it or not!