From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network manager for laptop
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 19:11:57
1 Daniel da Veiga ha scritto:
2
3 > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-wireless-networking-41/ath0wireless-couldnt-connect-to-the-supplicant.-511815/
4 >
5 > But again, its one of the MANY threads, posts and questions about
6 > NetworkManager and WPA around the web. The fact is, I found many
7 > people with this problem, tried all their "solutions" but still no
8 > game. I get the infamous "couldn't connect to the supplicant" syslog
9 > error. Believe me, I spent a LOT of time trying to figure this out...
10 >
11 > WICD had the "None" problem (must have something to do with the
12 > "00:00:00:00:00" failed authentication in wpa_supplicant (wich is
13 > something I must research too), that makes it annoying, but not
14 > impossible to use it.
15 >
16 > Any more suggestions?
17
18 I have a Macbook Pro laptop with Gentoo, with WPA working fine with
19 NetworkManager (Madwifi drivers).
20
21 I now do not have time to check the full configs. However I remember
22 that mixing wpa_supplicant configuration and NetworkManager was BAD. I
23 kept a very confused diary of my Macbook Gentoo install, the relevant
24 part is:
25
26 "ok, found problem. using the conf.d/net and wpa_supplicant.conf WITH
27 NetworkManager is just problems.
28 so I am trying to use only NetworkManager."
29
30 ...and it's what I'm currently doing. I guess NetworkManager takes care
31 of wpa_supplicant.
32
33 Then, madwifi drivers for that card are a bit flaky, but that's another
34 story...
35
36 Tell me what info you need, I may try to help you.
37
38 m.
39 --
40 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list