From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is it OK to get rid of app-alternatives/* ?
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 15:51:19
1 On 2/15/23 06:10, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 2023-02-15 08:11:46, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >>
4 >> If, as you say, it will eventually replace eselect, there is no more
5 >> bloat, just different bloat. It's still just a bunch of symlinks, but
6 >> managed differently.
9 > Should be less, since you already have portage installed but not
10 > necessarily eselect-whatever.
13 I didn't even know eselect-whatever was even an option until this
14 post... It's not something I've ever used.
15
16 It does (at least to me) make sense for the package manager to enforce
17 these selections rather than some optional tool though.
18
19 Dan