From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What is the best way forward?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 16:32:45
1 On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 15:15:55 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > I found it to be helpful to de-install as many programs as possible
4 > > before starting the update and the first emerge --sync. This reduces
5 > > the amount of conflicts by a considerable amount.
6 >
7 > Yes, Definitely. If you can, uninstall anything "big" that you can
8 > live without temporarily: LibreOffice, Chromium, Qt, KDE, X11, Gnome,
9 > Cups, etc.
10
11 You may get away with removing them from @world rather than actually
12 uninstalling. They may well continue to work until something they depend
13 on has an ABI update. I'd try to keep anything depending on boost or icu
14 out of the update process.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 WinErr 002: No Error - Yet