From: Paul Colquhoun <paulcol@×××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dynamic IP address services.
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 06:54:35
1 On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 06:17:07 Stroller wrote:
2 > Can anyone recommend a free dynamic IP address service.
3 >
4 > I've used DynDNS in the past, but I think they discontinued their free
5 > accounts.
6 >
7 > I've been using DTdns.com until recently, but have somehow managed to lock
8 > myself out of my account, so will need to create a new one and thought I'd
9 > check here for recommendations first.
10 >
11 > All I need to do at the moment is access a single host behind a home router,
12 > although it would be nice if there was a free service with room for 2 or 3
13 > hosts in case I need to add more.
14 >
15 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
18 I've been using noip.com for years with no problems.
19
20 There is even an up to date version of their client in portage.
24 Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC. http://andor.dropbear.id.au/
25 Asking for technical help in newsgroups? Read this first:
26 http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro