From: Michael Trausch <mike@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should I install pulseaudio to solve my phonon audio problems?
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 04:12:21
1 PA works well with stereo-only outputs. That's most users.
2
3 People such as myself, however, with 5.1 out, are perpetually disappointed
4 and/or frustrated by the lack of the systems ability to work reliably. I
5 constantly have problems playing music, because it reverts to stereo output
6 every time it is opened. It happens in all distributions that have PA, so
7 it isn't a bug in packaging or configuration, unless all distress and
8 upstream itself get it all wrong.