From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ncurses: reductio ad absurdum
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 18:19:31
1 On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Fernando Rodriguez
2 <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> wrote:
3 > It's probably easier to do this:
4 >
5 > # cd /usr/portage
6 > # rm -r *
7 > # git clone <repo-uri> .
8
9 The only issue with this is that all the files end up being owned by
10 root. I'd just create /usr/portage, chown portage:portage
11 /usr/portage, and then let emerge --sync take care of the rest.
12
13 To cut down on replies, I'm not sure what the emerge --sync behavior
14 is if you have changes in the tree. I suspect that as long as they
15 don't conflict they'll still sync, but in general you shouldn't leave
16 uncommitted changes lying around /usr/portage. It is just convenient
17 to be able to tweak packages, get them cleaned up, and then generate
18 patches.
21 Rich