From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Power management or something?
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 16:06:10
1 On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >> I have a fresh install of Gentoo on my laptop and I'm having some
3 >> trouble with the backlight that I think is related to the screen going
4 >> into some sort of power save mode or something along those lines.  Are
5 >> there power management settings somewhere or something similar?  I'm
6 >> on xfce4.
7 >>
8 >> - Grant
9 >
10 > I found another clue.  It happens whenever I shut my laptop screen,
11 > even for a moment.  Is this some kind of sleep mode?  Might I be able
12 > to disable it in the kernel somewhere?
13 >
14 > - Grant
17 I had that same issue with closing the screen. I think my solution was
18 a KDE setting which won't help you unless there is something similar
19 with XFCE.
20
21 I'll boot the laptop and see if I Can spot what I did. Ah the things
22 we have time for when watching Hulu on a Sunday morning... ;-)
23
24 Back later,
25 Mark