From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:11:26
1 On Friday 18 January 2008, Thufir wrote:
2 > On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:00:51 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > >> Let's turn this around: if Gentoo were to attract a larger user
4 > >> base I posit that this would attract more developers.
5 > >
6 > > How do you draw that conclusion? How would attracting users who are
7 > > unwilling to read documentation and get their hands dirty increase
8 > > the number of potential developers?
9 >
10 > Taken to the extreme, if *all* the ubuntu users (to pick on ubuntu
11 > for a minute) suddenly switched to gentoo I would expect the ubuntu
12 > developers to follow.
13
14 Nope. The Ubuntu developers would probably just carry on doing what they
15 doing now - developing on Ubuntu. What makes you think they'd change?
16
17 I'm getting the feeling that you think the whole world works the way you
18 work and have yet to realize that other people are different from you.
19 And that groups have different priorities to what you have.
20
21 alan
24 Alan McKinnon
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com