From: Thufir <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 07:45:44
1 On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:00:51 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 >> Let's turn this around: if Gentoo were to attract a larger user base I
4 >> posit that this would attract more developers.
5 >
6 > How do you draw that conclusion? How would attracting users who are
7 > unwilling to read documentation and get their hands dirty increase the
8 > number of potential developers?
11 Taken to the extreme, if *all* the ubuntu users (to pick on ubuntu for a
12 minute) suddenly switched to gentoo I would expect the ubuntu developers
13 to follow.
16 -Thufir
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list