From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Courier Sub-addressing
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 20:14:27
1 Hello,
2
3 I am attempting to set up sub-addressing on my Courier mail server, allowing
4 senders to directly deliver messages to a particular folder in my mailbox. For
5 example, I want to provide my University with the address
6 `ash-AcademicMatters@××××××××××.uk` to force all their messages into the
7 "AcademicMatters" subdirectory.
8
9 Unfortunately, I can't find any official Courier documentation regarding
10 sub-addressing. I have found [1], however I'm not sure it will apply as I am
11 using virtual mailboxes.
12
13 When attempting to send e-mail to myself using sub-addressing, my server
14 complains that the address is not found in the virtual users table, suggesting
15 that it is entirely unaware of the sub-addressing notation.
16
17 Has anyone here managed to get this working ? I believe it is sometimes referred
18 to as "plus-addressing", however it seems that Courier uses a hyphen as opposed
19 to a plus symbol (+).
20
21 Cheers,
22 Ashley.