From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Having trouble installing grub on second disk
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:03:16
1 michael@×××××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > I test by rebooting and entering my bios settings, and then i set the
4 > boot device to hd1 instead of hd0. Save and exit, and grub tells me
5 > "Error 15: File not found".
6
7 For grub, the (hd0) and (hd1) devices are the ordered in the same order
8 that the BIOS puts them in, so if you are going to switch them around in
9 the BIOS, you should set the entries in the grub.conf to (hd0,0) instead
10 of (hd1,0). In otherwords, (hd0) is always "the disk currently being
11 booted from".
12
13 You can test this by editing the lines when grub comes up, and change
14 kernel to be:
15
16 kernel (hd0,0)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb1
17
18 -Richard
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list