From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fragmentation of my drives. Curious mostly
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:04:05
1 On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:32:00 +0100, Daniel Troeder wrote:
2
3 > While this will work perfectly well, this command is a waste of
4 > resources. The compression ("-z") makes locally no sense, and there is
5 > no need to tar the data (which will basically just concat files). You
6 > will get the exact same result with
7 > # cp -a /source /dest
8
9 There is one slight disadvantage to cp in that it changed the modified
10 time of directories to the current time, which rsync does not. I'd use
11
12 rsync -ax /source/ /dest/
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.