From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 10:32:36
1 El Mie, 4 de Febrero de 2009, 8:39, Alan McKinnon escribió:
2 > On Wednesday 04 February 2009 09:27:31 Christopher Walters wrote:
3 >
4 > I personally don't view Gentoo as a "distro" in the traditional sense. To
5 > me, it's a build system, an app - portage or paludis - and the devs that
6 > make cool input files for that app. Building a distro from scratch for
7 > embedded devices is a painful process if you don't have an automated build
8 > system. It's not quite a trivial exercise, but portage does make it a
9 > whole lot easier.
10
11 That's mostly what I call a "metadistro". A set of tools and
12 instructions to build a proper distro that suits you, and maintain
13 it.
16 Jesús Guerrero