From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Error starting Konq after update world
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 04:06:12
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
4 [...]
5
6 >> I'd hoped someone would have had the same or similar situation and
7 >> error before posted piles of data... so no not meaningless.
8 >
9 > Yes, meaningless; update world means the packages on YOUR machine,
10 > matching YOUR arch and dependencies requires by YOUR use flags have been
11 > changed. No one can relate to that without knowing all those settings, or
12 > a simple list of the packages updated with "genlop --list --date
13 > yesterday"
16 Your repeating it ever louder does not make it so. update world
17 conveys a major update of the entire OS, then follows a very specific
18 error that I hoped someone would be able to identify.
19
20 So no not meaningless,
21
22 Were it actually meaningless no one would have been able to help.
23 I was glad to supply any needed details. Your continued insistance on
24 this appears to be more about opinion than fact.
25
26 > You're running the monolithic KDE ebuilds, so re-emerge kdebase.
27 > Incidentally, this is one of the situations where the split ebuilds
28 > really pay off, as you'd only have to recompile Konqueror rather than all
29 > the core KDE programs.
30
31 Thanks, I'll be doing that.
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list