From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem configuring Intel Wireless 5300 device
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 20:11:33
1 On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 07:21:20PM +0100, Shoka wrote:
2 > I got stuck when trying to get the Intel Wireless 5300 device running.
3 > I'm using the 2.6.31.gentoo-r6 kernel source and have tried several
4 > configuration options for getting this driver to work.
5 >
6 > The gentoo os is running on a lenovo x200 notebook.
7 >
8 > It seems that the iwlagn module doesn't get compiled at all. When trying
9 > to run "modprobe iwlagn" I get the message "Module iwlagn not found".
10 > The device is properly recognized when using the Gentoo Live CD. There
11 > it uses the iwlagn module. So it should be possible to configure the
12 > kernel to do the same.
13
14 You said that the module didn't get compiled: did you configure the
15 kernel to include it?
16
17 > I have found this forum post about configuring the 5300 device, but this
18 > guy used the 2.6.30-gentoo-r6 kernel source and it looks like the kernel
19 > config options in menuconfig have changed. I cannot find a kernel config
20 > option called "Intel Wireless WiFi Next Gen AGN (iwlagn)".
21
22 If you are in menuconfig, you can always hit / to bring up the search
23 screen, and type in IWL as your search string.
24
25 In 2.6.31-gentoo-r9, go to
26
27 Device Drivers -> Network device support -> Wireless LAN -> Wireless
28 LAN (IEEE 802.11) -> Intel Wireless Wifi
29
30 to enable IWLWIFI first, and then you should be able to see the
31 Wireless WiFi Next Gen AGN option.
32
33 Cheers,
34
35 W
36 --
37 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
38 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
39 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton