From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer sound issues
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:18:41
1 On 2/28/06, Mike Myers <fluffymikey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > This is where it's kinda weird. If I use vo=alsa then the .wav files
3 > won't play at all. If I use ao=arts, then they work, but skipping
4 > around, like fast forwarding or rewinding lags. Like, I'll press the
5 > left or right button and then about a second later it will actually
6 > rewind or forward.
7
8 In the KDE Control Center, under Sounds & Multimedia->Sound System,
9 there is a control for the Sound buffer. Reducing that to the minimum
10 should eliminate the lagging with arts.
11
12 Also, on the "Hardware" tab of the Sound System configuration, is the
13 audio device set to ALSA?
14
15 -Richard
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list